Are you struggling to find a perfect job? Experts suggest that write a perfect cover letter to grab your dream job. Wondering how to write a cover letter for job applications? Don’t worry. Today we’ll tell you how to write it with ease. So let’s get started.
Writing a cover letter is a lot simpler than you think. You can take help from this article to write it or hire experts by availing our essay writing services. For an instant response, click here: https://www.homeworkjoy.com/essay-writing-service/.
So before knowing how to write a cover letter, we should know what a cover letter is and why it is important.
What is a Cover Letter?
A cover letter is also known as a job application. It is a one-page letter that people submit as a part of the job application. Its purpose is to explain the job seeker’s work history, professional skills, and personal skills for the applied job. On average, the cover letter should have 250 to 400 words.
Although it might seem old-fashioned, the cover letter is still necessary for 2020. A good cover letter can spark HR’s interest and get them to read your resume. That is why you must know how to write a cover letter.
Also, a good cover letter can expand upon the achievements in your resume. It can showcase your personality and explain why you are suitable for the job and the company. To know how to write a cover letter, understand what to include in it.
Before moving ahead, check out some of our latest posts:
Basic Structure of a Good Cover Letter
While writing a cover letter, you should know its basic structure. So here it is:
- Header: Your Contact Information should be on the top. So the manager can easily contact you.
- Greetings: Not only cover letter, but every letter must have greetings.
- Introduction: Write about what you are and who you are to get HR’s attention and explain why you need this job.
- Body: there must be atleast two paragraphs. The first paragraph should explain why you are the perfect candidate for a particular job. In contrast, the second paragraph is why you are a suitable person for the company and future goals with the company.
- Conclusion: End your letter by briefing your strengths and asking the manager or recruiter to contact you.
Keep in mind though a cover letter is essential for the resume, it is not a replacement. That means do not repeat whatever you have already mentioned in your resume.
Now let’s see how to write each of these sections step by step.
How to Write a Cover Letter Like Professionals
When it comes to knowing how to write a cover letter, many job seekers have different questions. Through this guide, we’ll try to answer all those questions.
Now that you have an idea about the basic structure of the cover letter, here are steps that you should follow to write a perfect cover letter like professionals:
Step1: Put Contact Details in the Header
The header of your cover letter must contain your and your employer’s details at the top.
Mention your first and last name, phone number, and email address. Also, you can include your LinkedIn profile or mailing address. Both of these details are optional.
After your contact details, mention the employer’s details—the date when you are writing the cover letter. First and last name of the person to whom you are writing. Also, mention the employer’s phone number, email, and address.
Step2: Write Opening Salutation
If you don’t know how to write a cover letter, start your cover letter with an opening salutation. It will make a good impression on your recruiter. If you are not sure whom you are addressing, try checking the company’s website and LinkedIn profile.
Moreover, try avoiding the use of overly popular “Dear Sir/ Madam.” Show your future boss that you did research and are passionate about the job. Thus use salutations like:
- Dear Hiring Manager
- Dear Team Leader
Step3: Start Your Cover Letter With a Strong Introduction
Since the first impression matters, start your cover letter with a strong introduction to hook the hiring manager. There are thousands of applications that recruiters receive, so there are chances that they won’t read the letter. That is why create an introduction that attracts the Hr to hire you.
Your introduction must contain these three points:
- Express your love for the company
- Highlight 2-3 relevant work achievements to grab the attention
- Express passion for your work
Step4: Explain Why You are Perfect Candidate
Your cover letter’s body should start with persuasive arguments of why you are the perfect person for the job. If you have no clue of how to write a cover letter, use the following tips for writing the body:
- Be Confident, not Over Confident: provide evidence for your claims. But remember, don’t add claims for which you can’t provide evidence.
- Be Honest: Don’t lie or over highlight your qualities. Mention what you can actually handle in the workspace.
- Don’t Add Irrelevant Qualities: Suppose the job is about Content Writer, and you have mentioned qualities of front-end development. Then it won’t grab HR attention. Thus your cover letter should correspond to the job posting by reflecting the skills that you have mentioned in your resume.
Step5: Close Your Cover Letter With a Call to Action
While writing closing points continue to show our qualities as a perfect candidate. Wrap your points with left-out information here. Also, thank your hiring manager for their time. Finish your cover letter by asking them to send you an interview invitation.
Thus these were some important tips on how to write a cover letter for your job application. For the sake of your career, write the best cover letter. If you still have any confusion about writing it, you can hire professional writers to write it for you. For that, you can take an essay writing service from us.