Week 10 Topic - Organizational Controls: Golden Parachutes
Background: A few years ago, companies such as AIG, who had a hand in the cause of the economic downturn that has devastated our economy, were planning to give or actually gave out huge golden parachutes to the same executives who led and approved of the companies actions.
Instructions: Please answer the questions below:
1) Perform a search of a CEO who has received a golden parachute.
1a) Who was the CEO?
1b) What was the company from where he or she received the golden parachute?
1c) What was the total compensation in the golden parachute?
1d) What happened to the company after the CEO's departure terms of before and after revenue?
1e) After the CEO's departure, did the former CEO obtain a leadership position at another firm? If yes, what company.
2) Based on your reading of Chapter 10 of your DLR e-text, do you believe the payment of these golden parachutes was ethical, right or wrong, and why? Please be substantive in your answers.
1) Do not use Carl Icahn or Michael Corbat from Chapter 10 of your e-text, as examples of CEOs who have received golden parachutes.
2) Use academically credible sources.
3) Be sure to relate your post to Chapter 10 of your e-text and/or other credible source(s) with proper APA in-text citations and References listing. Failure to properly cite sources will result in a zero.