Prepare: Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
· View the following websites: Paper Review (Links to an external site.), Grammar & Punctuation (Links to an external site.), and Writing a Paper from the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
· Read Chapter 7: Revising, Editing, and Proofreading in Essentials of College Writing.
· Read and reflect upon the feedback received from the Ashford Writing Center’s Paper Review once you receive it. For instructions on how to retrieve your reviewed paper, see the Writing Center’s Paper Review (Links to an external site.) page.
Reflect: Review the feedback you received from the Ashford Writing Center and consider how you will apply their suggestions as you develop your draft into a final critical response essay. Consider the revision, proofreading, and editing steps you have taken in the last two weeks. Were they effective? How can you make the revision process—especially proofreading and editing—a part of every assignment in college and the workplace?
Write: Your initial post must be 300-400 words in length and posted by Day 3. In your initial post, please do the following:
· Isolate a section of your paper (for example, the introduction and first few body paragraphs) that was heavily revised. Post your original paragraphs and your final, revised paragraphs based on the Writing Center’s feedback in the discussion. Be sure to label them accordingly.
· Respond to the feedback by offering:
o A summary of what you learned from their comments;
o The top three issues uncovered in your work (e.g. thesis statement, paragraph structure, grammar);
o A three- to five-point plan of items you will address or revise for your final critical response essay; and
o Your thoughts on how you plan to use the services of the Ashford Writing Center in future courses.