NR709 DNP Project & Practicum IV
Week 5 Assignment
DNP Project Final Paper
In this course, students will complete implementation and evaluation their DNP Project and submit a completed DNP Project final paper; this is a revision and extension of the approved project proposal that was developed in NR702: DNP Project & Practicum I. The completed DNP Project final paper will provide a detailed account of all phases of the completed DNP Project.
This paper may not be submitted until the student has completed project implementation, data analysis, and evaluation.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO1: Evaluate the outcomes of the DNP Project using narrative and statistical methods. (POs 3, 5 and 6)
CO2: Develop a comprehensive plan for communicating the results of the evaluation of DNP Project for determination of sustainability and replication. (POs 5 and 6)
This assignment is worth a total of 300 points.
Submit to the Dropbox by the end of Week 5, Sunday, at 11:59 p.m. MT.
1. To complete this assignment, you will need to review the grading rubric carefully and consider how to incorporate each required criterion into the final paper. This final paper is an extension of the project proposal that you completed in NR702.
2. The DNP Final Paper is worth 300 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric. All evaluation criteria must be acceptable to earn the 300 points and pass this course.
3. Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word (a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”
4. The length of the paper will vary based on the results reporting. The paper should include title page, abstract, body, reference pages, and appendices. The following are estimates for length of each section.
a. Title Page
Chapter One - Introduction
b. Introduction: 1-2 paragraphs
c. Problem Statement: 1 paragraph
d. Objectives and Aims: 1 page
e. Significance of the Practice Problem: 1-2 pages
f. Synthesis of the Literature: 5-10 pages
g. Practice Recommendations: 1-2 pages
h. Evidence—Based Practice: Verification on Chosen Option: 1 paragraph
Chapter Two – Theoretical Framework
i. Theoretical Framework: 2-4 pages
j. Change Model: 2-4 pages
Chapter Three – Project Design and Methods
k. Project Settings: 5-10 pages
l. Project Vision, Mission, and Objectives: 1-2 pages
m. PICOT Question: 2-3 pages
n. Sample and Setting: 1 page
o. Implementation Plan/Procedures: 2-3 pages
p. Data Collection Procedures: 2-3 pages
q. Data Analysis Plan: 3-5 pages
Chapter Four - Results and Discussion of DNP Project
r. Summary of Methods and Procedures: 5-10 pages
s. Summary of Sample and Settings Characteristics: 5-10 pages
t. Major Findings: 2-5
Chapter Five – Implications in Practice and Conclusions
u. Implications for Nursing Practice: 1-2 pages
v. Recommendations: 1-2 pages
w. Plans for Dissemination: 1-2 Pages
x. Conclusions and Contributions to the Professions of Nursing: 1-2 pages
y. Professional References
5. Doctoral level writing
6. APA format is required with a title page, abstract, and reference page. An APA template is available in the Course Resources with required headings and content described.
Preparing the Paper
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
1. Review comments that your instructor made on your Project Proposal in NR702 and make recommended changes.
2. Use the DNP Project Template with required headings and descriptions of required content in Course Resources.
3. Use the attached grading rubric to guide the development of your proposal.